Bing were hosts at the WSI Digital Marketing Summit in London on 19th November 2014, strengthening the Bing/WSI partnership here in the UK. With WSI, the worlds largest Internet Company, shaking the hand of Bing as a global partner, this impressive duo are set to light a fire in the world of Digital Marketing.
Microsoft launched the Bing Search Engine in June 2009 and have been gradually capturnig more of the search market ever since. Bing is now used for 25% of searches in the USA: A situation that is likely to be closely followed here in the UK in the foreseeable future.
Aaron McGrath, Bing’s European SMB (Small and Medium Businesses) Advertising Lead for spoke about unlocking the potential of search.
As the Bing Search Engine continues to evolve, Aaron explained how Bing have identified the changing requirements of web users and have adapted it’s search engine to meet those needs. An approach that WSI also uses to adapt to the changing and unique needs of our clients.
Some key facts from Aarons keynote speech:
- 89% of consumers use search engines to make buying decisions
- 69% of users now access the internet through more than one device
- 90% of users use the internet to find Local Businesses
- 48% of phone and 46% of PC users visit a local business
Bing announced the next phase of its Search Engine Evolutionary plan, ‘Adam’. ‘Adam’ is about you, making sure you get what you want, when you want it. It will even be able to anticipate your needs before you ask, based on your personal references.
This gives you, as a business owner or manager a great opportunity. As Bing evolves and grows, so should your efforts to ensure that the Bing search engine has correct information for your company. Aaron said that:
- Up to 43% of businesses display inaccurate or missing information
- 18% of businesses have errors in their phone number
- 30% of listings were missing online for categories such as insurance or estate agents.
With Bing and WSI working so closely together, we are the people to call to enhance your web presence on Bing, and create a digital marketing strategy that works to grow your business online, and generate those leads and enquiries that your business needs.