Three Key Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Social Media Presence
There’s no time like the present when it comes to leveraging the social web. Social media marketing is an ideal method for expanding your company’s customer reach and boosting your brand awareness. While the social media marketing landscape is endlessly evolving, there are a number of online fundamentals that can help your business engage with your target customers.
Let’s take a look at the basics that can help harness the power of social networking for your business:
– Establish your social presence: creating accounts on your chosen social sites is an obvious first step. LinkedIn, for example, is a favorite among professionals since it’s built specifically for professional networking. TIP: be sure to add as many of your business contacts, colleagues and friends to expand your reach.
– Create groups or communities: Facebook and LinkedIn have a great feature in which you will be able to create smaller networking groups. Select and invite your customers and prospects to join. TIP: Use this to send out valuable and regular messages to a targeted group of people.
– Enter the blogosphere: a company blog will highlight your business expertise and knowledge.
Becoming a regular blogger also increases the chances of your prospects gaining awareness about your products and services. TIP: Share each new blog post across all your social media channels to gain an extra boost to your brand visibility.
Best Practices for Social Networking
Fundamentals for Engaging with Your Customers Online
Think of social networking as a way to earn the trust of your prospects and customers. Ensure that you use the social networks to offer and gain knowledge. In other words, don’t be too pushy!
Here are some key practices for your social networking goals that will help you engage with the online business community:
– Stay visible to show you’re credible. Regular interaction byway of blogging, sharing, and tweeting, is a legitimate way to establish your expertise.
– Be informative and avoid the ‘hard sell.’ Remember, the more you give, the more you are likely to get. Position yourself as an expert first and work to gain their trust. Then you will be better able to recommend your products and services.
– Listen and engage. Rather than participating in random conversations, leverage your social networks as a research tool. Find out what your prospects and customers love, hate, or are indifferent to. This allows the chance to offer up your opinion and provide solutions.
– Welcome your network’s feedback. Your ultimate goal is to develop a relationship with your customers. Engaging through social networks can lead to invaluable feedback and crowd-sourcing opportunities.
Ultimately, strong social networking will give your brand reputation a boost while you work to market your products and services online. Contact WSI Thames for more ideas on enhancing your social networking goals.
Companies Incorporate Social Media Monitoring into Bottom Line
• 37% of companies plan to increase thier use of social media monitoring over the next 2 years
• 27% of those already leveraging social media monitoring use it to expamine customer satisfaction
Read the Article (eMarketer)
ASK WSI – Get further insights from WSI experts
Question: My business isn’t using social media yet. How do I choose the right social media portal?
Answer: The first place to start is by defining your goals for social media. Consider whether you’re looking to send your customers quick updates, provide educational material, or even advertise via video messages. Next, you must look at where your audience is the most active. The key is to research where your customers are, so you can easily begin engaging with them.
To learn more about building a customized social media strategy for your business, contact WSI Thames now.