Get Your Company Website to Generate New Business
Let’s suppose that your company’s website is on the first page of Google. (Congratulations!)
Unfortunately, even the savviest business owners are prone to thinking that the digital marketing strategy ends there. But the reality is that being on the first page of Google doesn’t always mean success.
Of course, your site will get impressions and some traffic, but what you need to understand is how to get your visitors to stay on your website. In other words, your online strategy needs the components that focus on converting that traffic to business. Visitors are merely visitors. But think of the possibilities of turning those visitors into customers and, ultimately, driving new business. Be sure to establish a proper sales funnel through which to guide your visitors.
Key Steps to Converting Traffic to Business
WSI’s Top 5 Steps Tips for Improving Online Conversion
Now that we’ve established that while a company may have built an attractive website, in the end most businesses want their site to get them more business. Here are the top 5 things you can do to improve conversion:
1. Imagery and color: Carefully select images that complement the site’s content. Using effective imagery contributes significantly to keeping your visitors on the site and improving your website’s bounce rate. Similarly, color affects behavior, so choose the right color palette to portray your product and service in the right light. Remember, this is about the user experience, not yours!
2. Overall layout: Think if your target audience and the different personas you are trying to attract. Consider how they will look at the information on your site and identify your trigger points to ensure they will be attracted to your page.
3. Contact forms and phone number: Avoid making a visitor search through your site for a phone number. By simply adding your phone number or a small contact form on every page makes it easy for your visitors to contact you. This is simple, but can get you outstanding results.
4. Clear, concise content: Remember, website visitors are not book readers. Typically, your visitors will scan the pages. So develop content that is straight to the point! Incorporate effective titles and point form notes to promote higher readership.
5. Call-to-action: Your website visitors want to know right away if they found what they were looking for. An effective all-to-action will significantly improve a visitor’s “time on site.” So do everything you can to make your visitors understand what your business does.
These are simple but effective ways to increase your conversions quickly. Contact WSI Thames for more ideas on enhancing your online business strategy.
Investing in Website Personalization to Boost Conversions
• 69% of senior-leverl marketers found that site personalization worked to convert customers
• More than 40% if respondents were in discussions or the planning phase of forming a website personalization strategy.
ASK WSI – Get further insights from WSI experts
Question: To ensure my site is built to promote strong customer conversion rates, what common mistakes should I avoid?
Answer: Here’s a list of the most common mistakes business owners make in building their site’s conversion architecture:
#1: A website that is too cluttered.
#2: No clear direction for your visitors.
#3: No visual clues to encourage your visitors to sign up, read more, join in, etc.
#4: Not making privacy a priority! (HINT: Reassure your visitors that you don’t plan on spamming them!)
For more ideas on how to get your site to work for your business, contact WSI Thames now.