THE LEARNING CHALLENGE FOR SOCIAL SELLING[youtube width=”560″ height=”315″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCvhspmxHlo[/youtube] Traditional LinkedIn training seminars enthuse attendees on what this social networking site could do for their business. Workshops go a step further and give attendees hands-on experience of how to actually make this happen. But both suffer from the traditional short training course problem, that attendees will only subsequently implement about 5% of what they’ve learned.
When you think of traditional training courses, you think about ‘Death by PowerPoint?” and taking sellers ‘offline’ for half a day or a whole day at a time. Imagine the scene below with out of date course documentation and people taking co
Result: Copious notes – all of which will be filled away after the training, probably never to be referred to again.
1. No adoption. You’re reps will remember 10% within 2 weeks.
2. No tactical support system to help attendees evolve at their own pace.
3. No new ideas from accomplished social sellers from around the world.
So, what’s the solution?
EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF SOCIAL SELLING INTO YOUR COMPANY[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8kkRxkgbqw[/youtube]
Core Training Approach
For effective social selling, you need to adopt a long-duration program approach of eLearning: This embeds behaviour change driven by building and repeating daily activities which deliver business results during the training. It allows the training to be taken at the attendees own pace and for it to be implemented wherever and whenever suits each individual attendee. Augment this approach with live webinars incorporating Q&A sessions and you have the best of both worlds.
Social Networking sites are notorious for changing features, introducing new ones and withdrawing old ones. Crowdsourcing with change information / ideas with attendees of training run worldwide, the teaching can be kept permanently up to date.
Imagine a learning system that’s crowdsourced from 1,000’s of social sellers around the world. Imagine new ideas from sales people just like yours, giving peer-to-peer learning advice!
Continuous assessment and reinforcement
Feeding people the up to date practical information at a pace they can handle is just the first step in effective learning. It is also necessary to focus the learners attention and measure their progress. This is best achieved with a combination of assignments, KPIs and quizzes – and the requirement to complete all of these and all training in each Module of the training before the next Module is even revealed to the attendee.
A series of training modules which leave the attendees implementing a time efficient 30 to 60 minute of social networking activity a day – targeted at the achievement of tangible and measurable business outcomes.
THE SOCIAL SELLING TRAINING SOLUTION
Below, there’s a screenshot of Module 1 of 12 from the World’s Largest Social Selling training curriculum.
- Learn in Digital bite-sized chunks. Blended learning in 1 hour a week (live instructor + eLearning).
- Guarantee adoption and performance measurement… it’s all being tracked.
- An LMS (learning management system) which ensures that each module is fully completed before the next is begun. N.B. The screenshot is of Module 1: But you can see, in the left hand column) that, at that time, I (Tony Thornby) was undertaking Module 6, because Modules 7 to 12 are not visibly listed
- A certification program with which 1,000’s of sales people are CRUSHING the market!
Which system do you think is producing the best social sellers? The static LinkedIn workshops or this interactive e-learning and crowdsourced system?
THE GOOD NEWS
WSI has licensed the right, from its owners ‘Sales for Life’ to deliver the best in class Social selling training described above. While Sales for Life are selling the training to worldwide enterprises such as American Express and Oracle, WSI is offering this training delivered by WSI trainers (certified by Sales for Life) in dedicated programs for medium to large SMEs / Associations and open programs for small to medium SMEs. In addition, WSI Thames is certified to offer local support to any of its clients who attend an open program or commission a dedicated program.
STILL NOT CONVINCED THAT THIS IS THE TRAINING YOUR COMPANY NEEDS?
- Read and watch our April 2014 newsletter and video on B2B social selling
- Watch our short introductory video on B2B social selling
- Follow our LinkedIn Showcase Page https://www.linkedin.com/company/b2b-social-selling. Updates posted there will both give you information on social selling but also provide case studies of its success
IF YOU’VE GOT THIS FAR, YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO PICK UP THAT PHONE TO
TALK TO TONY THORNBY NOW (+44 1494 440019) ABOUT
B2B SOCIAL SELLING FOR YOUR COMPANY
To keep in touch with developments, please follow our LinkedIn Showcase page on B2B Social Selling